Monday, August 17, 2009

Bad doggies!

I had to make a trip to the Southaven Animal Shelter today to "bail out" our two Westies from lockup. Rachel was letting them out and she accidentally left the back door cracked open as she was trying to put Snowy on his cable outside. Ella saw the open door as her opportunity to run so she did and then Snowy took off, too. Abigail was sleeping so I couldn't go chase them at the time it happened. They weren't out for very long at all when someone in our neighborhood had them picked up by animal control.
When we were at the animal shelter (just before they closed), they had just sprayed down the concrete floor where the kennels were. They asked me to help put my dogs on leashes (while holding Abigail). I followed the worker back and then slipped and fell on the wet floor. Luckily, the baby didn't get hurt. I hurt my knee when I fell forward and twisted my back, too. It was not a good afternoon. I'm sure that I will be sore tomorrow.

No comments: