Ever since we went to AR, Abigail's allergies/sinuses have been bad. On Friday, I took her to her ENT to have her eartube checkup. Her eartubes were fine (still in place and open). When we were there, I talked to him about Abigail's congestion. He sent us home with some prescription drug samples of an antihistimine/decongestant/cough suppresant and told me to give him a call if she developed a fever. The medicine that he gave us worked really well. She was all cleared up in a couple of days.
On Monday, she ended up with a lowgrade fever. And Tuesday morning, she woke up with a high fever so I called his office. They were able to call Abigail in a prescription for antibiotics. She began on that medicine and continued to have the same high fever thru Friday afternoon, but really had no other syptoms besides an upset tummy (which I thought was a side effect of the antibiotics.)
I was beginning to think that she might have the flu so I decided to take her to her pediatrician to have her checked out. Luckily, her flu test came back negative. It turns out that she most likely had a "stomach bug" in addition to her respiratory infection. He instructed us to continue giving her the antibiotics. I am happy to say that her fever broke on Friday evening and she didn't have fever all day today. Her tummy seems to be getting back to normal, too. I hope that she is on the road to recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment