Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An update on my employment...

Well, let me begin by saying that I haven't worked at Gymboree at all since last October. In September, I was having some problems with my pregnancy and was diagnosed with placenta previa. I decided at that point that I would step down as assistant manager and continue to work there as a sales associate because I wouldn't be required to work as many hours. I worked until the beginning of October and it seemed like when I worked, I would have spotting so I just decided to take off until Abigail made her arrival since the risk of bleeding would be greater as my pregnancy progressed. The store manager was great about it and allowed me to keep using my discount throughout my pregnancy and then thru my maternity leave. I spoke with him about returning in July and he was going to work me back onto the schedule on a very limited basis. I planned to work one shift every two weeks and he was fine with that. He ended up putting in his notice a little over a week after I spoke with him. To make a long story short, he was replaced and the acting store manager just deleted me from the system without even calling me first. When I spoke to her, she said that she had no idea that I was planning to come back, but that I was welcome to reapply for my job. Whatever! I won't be reapplying for a job that I held since the store opened about three years ago.

At the end of July, I decided to start selling Premier Designs Jewelry. I can continue being a stay at home mom and get out of the house at night sometimes, too. I can set my own hours and make some "fun" money for extras around here. (Everyone that knows me knows that I love to keep my girls dressed cute...LOL!) So far, I've had two shows in addition to my training show. Things are going well and I plan to have my initial investment (for jewelry samples and my application fee) paid for by the end of September.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm next in line for the choppoing block... Too bad those girls ran you, Stephanie and myself off!