Saturday, March 29, 2008

Abigail's Baby Shower and Nursery

I was so thankful to be given a baby shower on March 1st. A lot of friends from church helped out with the shower. It was really nice. Many friends came and my Mom and sister were able to make the trip from Arkansas. I really enjoyed the food and fellowship. And, we were given many nice gifts for Abigail and her nursery.




I thought that Abigail's nursery would never get done before her arrival. Between my limited physical activity and Jeremy's back pain from a ruptured disk, we just weren't able to work on things as often or as quickly as we wanted.

First, we had to move the guestroom furniture upstairs because that room would become the nursery. Then, we had to paint my Mom's old bedroom suite for Rachel to have some new furniture since hers needed to be reused in Abigail's room. And finally, we had to paint, hang the chairrail and put up the wallpaper border in the nursery before moving in the furniture and decorating.

We finally got everything completed and I actually had time to paint an accent piece (the green side table)...


No comments: